How to apply for a savings account
The Swansea Building Society has a range of savings accounts to suit most needs. Please take the time to browse our savings products pages to see how best we can help you. Whatever you choose, you will always be assured of a warm and friendly personal service that we are proud to offer all our Members that you might not get with bigger financial organisations.
As a mutual building society, we are not like traditional banks in that we do not have any shareholders - so we are here to benefit our members. Any profits we make are re-invested into the Society, so we can offer you a better range of products and an improved service.
When you are ready to open a savings account, there are a number of ways to do this as follows:
- Apply in branch – due to the current lockdown restrictions, we are currently not allowing account applications to be made at our branch offices. Where a customer needs to open a savings account, this can only be undertaken via the post or by posting documents into a branch office post box. (Existing customers can e-mail a scanned copy of the application form.)
- Apply by telephone – if you would like to speak to us about opening an account, please feel free to call us during normal working hours and one of our friendly and experienced staff will guide you through the account opening process.
- Apply by post*
*If you would prefer to open an account by post, please note we will need the following:
- A fully completed application form
- Identification – pleased read our Proving Your Identity Leaflet
- Payment – please make a cheque payable to the account holder(s). If you would prefer to make an electronic payment, please let us know and we will contact you to let you know the account number to pay into to facilitate this. Please do not send cash.
Please send the above (we recommend by recorded delivery) to your nearest branch office and our staff will process your application and send your welcome pack and documents back by recorded delivery. Alternatively, please feel free top pop them into our branch office letterbox if we are closed.
- Apply online – unfortunately at present we do not offer an online account opening service but we are looking at this going forward so watch this space!
Our branch office contact details are available here.
Whichever way you decide to open an account with the Society, please be assured you will receive a warm and friendly welcome where you will feel part of the Swansea Building Society family where for the last 97 years, we have provided our members with a wide range of savings accounts at competitive rates.